Covid-19 Protocols for teachers and students
UPDATE! Physical studio closed as of Sept. 1; conceierge classes available at your home or at Vitalichi Acupuncture with Chris or Nicole.
We have implemented some very strict Covid policies to ensure the health and safety of our staff and students. We have to assume that 1) everyone has been exposed to Covid and 2) students will be sweating and breathing heavily during class, which increases the risk to everyone, even when spaced six feet apart. We want to make yoga / tai chi / mediation as safe as we can for our seniors, those who have auto-immune issues as well as everyone else. We would rather err on the side of strictness now rather than risk one of our students or staff getting sick.
I want to make it clear that we expect all our teachers and students to do what is best for their health first.
We support you 100 percent. If you feel it is appropriate for you to return to class, we welcome you! If you need to stay home, we encourage you to contact your teachers and deepen your home practice. Feel free to contact us if you have any concerns or questions.
Here are the current Covid protocols:
1) Class size is limited to 3 people or less at all times.
2) You will need to RSVP at least 24 hours ahead of time with your teacher, who will email you and call you to perform a verbal Covid screening and ask you to take your temperature. They may also email you the forms. You will be screened again when you arrive for class, so please take your temperature and fill out the screening form ahead of time. You will also need to sign a Covid liability waiver form.
3) You will need to sanitize your hands and have your temperature taken when you enter. Leave personal items locked in the trunk of your car.
4) You must bring your personal yoga gear to and from class.
5) We will continue to sanitize the air with the UV light eqipped GermGuardian air filter and supplement with ozone treatments when the space is empty.
6) All the other normal cleaning stuff.
We will post the class schedule online here and on Facebook. There will be no paper flyers distributed, however you may download a flyer from the class page. Many other medical offices have eliminated paper and magazines in their offices as well and we expect this trend to continue for quite some time.
We know that our policy is going to cause a lot of extra effort for our teachers and our students. But we think it's worth it to keep our yoga community safe and healthy. We hope that as the curve flattens, we can go back to business as usual. In the meantime, if we partner together with safety in mind we can start to enjoy in-person yoga and fitness once again.
We look forward to creating a better and stronger yoga community with you, and wish you the best.
Chris Collins, owner
Nicole Noles Collins, owner and Acupuncture Physician
Covid-19 / pandemic policy Covid Liability Release Form Covid Screening Questionaire